We are MediZen Ltd, a company registered in England.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will comply with the GDPR, along with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation in the UK.
We are the data controlled of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy.
MediZen Ltd is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
MediZen LTD uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email and post you information regarding products and services you have expressed an interest in, or that we believe will be of interest to you as a client of MediZen LTD.
In you are making initial contact you consent to MediZen LTD maintaining a sales dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. If we obtain consent from you to do so, we will also send you promotional marketing emails. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time or if you prefer not to receive promotional marketing messages from us please let us know by contacting us via the details listed at the bottom of the page, or click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option hosted in any marketing email we send to you and we will take steps to ensure that your information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. MediZen LTD may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. MediZen LTD may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
MediZen LTD may also use your personal information to identify and prevent fraud, to enhance the security of MediZen LTD’s network, and information systems and to identify the effectiveness of promotional campaigns or advertising.
MediZen do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us to any other party without your consent. However, MediZen LTD may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of MediZen LTD, its clients and/or the wider community.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to MediZen LTD processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us, see last section for full contact details. You can opt out of receiving promotional marketing by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ option hosted in any marketing email we send to you.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet MediZen LTD’s contractual obligations to clients and to also send newsletters and informational emails pertaining to services and products at the clinic.
Data is held in verified GDPR compliant locations using different (multiple) servers. MediZen LTD does not directly store personal data outside the EEA.
What information does MediZen LTD hold and how will we use it?
Information is collected when you complete any enquiry forms on our website or where you have requested via the website, that we send you marketing information. This information may include name, email address, address / location and phone number.
We will retain this information whilst we are corresponding with you or providing services to you. We will retain this information until you tell us you no longer want to hear from us or up to 5 years.
If you go on to become a MediZen customer, and receive treatment, that then defines you as a 'patient', then your data will be kept on record as long as required by UK law.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst MediZen LTD is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that MediZen LTD refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
MediZen LTD your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation MediZen LTD that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the people responsible for data protection, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of MediZen LTD.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
MediZen LTD will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If MediZen LTD is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning 0121 308 4373 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by MediZen LTD, you have the right to complain to MediZen LTD Clinic Manager. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
MediZen Ltd FAO: Clinic Manager Suite A, Astor house, 282 Lichfield Rd, Mere Green, Sutton Coldfield B74 2UG, UK
Data Protection Regulator The ICO www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us